Ibex[love]

Ibex[love]

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Geology Club trip to Yellowstone!

I went to Yellowstone this weekend with Geology Club and our club advisor. She's really intelligent and I learned SO much. She has done a lot of research in the park and knows the best places to go.

I can't remember which geyser basin this was in but I was fiddling with my color accent because the pools were such pretty colors.


Just because it's a post about Yellowstone, I have to add a picture of Old Faithful


Our "guide" for the trip checking out the difference in the scum below the boardwalk. She's a geology professor.


Dead tree surrounded by travertine at Mammoth Terraces.


Mammoth Terraces


This is some photosynthesizing scum in Norris Basin.


There were 2 grizzly bears across the meadow but of course, the geologists found the rock with obsidian veins.


This was such a beautiful creature.


This is the Yellowstone Canyon. I didn't know this existed and it totally blew my mind. The pictures don't do it justice at all but it took my breath away!

No comments:

Post a Comment