Our first night - a sweet little hot spring in B.C.
Camping down the road a piece from the hot spring.
Trying to set up the wing in the wind proved to be a bit of a challenge!
I like this shot of the load.
Jasper National Park.
The clouds were just lifting when we drove through, so
I still have yet to see it when it's clear and daylight.
Sunset as we drove west of the park.
Camp on the 2nd night! It was so beautiful. The
mountains in the background were snow covered and I couldn't
get a good photo of camp with the mountains.
Beautiful mountains somewhere near the south
end of the Cassiar Highway.
Here's where the adventure really begins!
Kitwanga, B.C. is a lovely little town about 2 miles north of the junction
of the southern end of the Cassier Highway. Our goal for day 3 was to
make it to Kitwanga because there is a cute little campground there that is
maintained by the community to encourage folks to stop by and stay. There is
a gas station and auto shop across the street and a grocery store/hardware store
next door. Plus, you get folks like Archie & Dawn and Richard stopping by to
check on you and make sure you're not getting eating by skeeters and that you're
having fun and just to shoot the shit! It's great! As we pulled into the campground,
we could hear a squeak that did not sound good. Turns out the wheel bearing on the
trailer had been completely lost and the wheel somehow stayed on the trailer!
Thanks to all those folks, plus the mechanic, Eric, we were able to figure out how to
get ourselves AND allof our stuff to Alaska! We ended up not being able to find the
correct wheel bearings to replace the lost set, so we found a sweet, cheap replacement
in the next biggest town, and Archie & Dawn are storing the trailer and all of its parts
and Archie & Eric are going to fix it! We just have to mail them the parts! Archie was
pleased with the deal because now he has another utility trailer to use until we can retrieve it!
The broken trailer.
This is when my camera battery died, so the rest of the trip
was not photographed until we go almost to Anchorage. I
decided to fire up the camera just to see if I could sneak out one
more photo, and I snapped one of Matanuska Glacier just before
the camera turned off again, this time for good until I could unpack
the charger, which I finally managed to find!
I'll be better about posting again now that physics is over and done with! I promise!
No comments:
Post a Comment