The cold snap right before Christmas made for some fantastic skating! I went out every day I could and after work a time or two as well! It was just toooooo good!
Mother Nature Zamboni and some crazy clouds
Then we finally got some snow! I took a trip up to Turner for some pre-season poaching and it was INCREDIBLE!
The old trail sign that used to stand at the summit.
See that one track? The only on there? Ya, that's mine. :)
And that's what a happy skier looks like!
Beautiful sky.
It hasn't snowed enough to do any damage since before Christmas and I've had my fun cruisin' the groomers, so I decided to take a hike up Taylor Peak. We didn't make it to the peak, never really intended to. We probably made it about three miles up the trail, just to the top of the fog line, before we headed back. The days are getting longer, but they're a bit too short for long mountain days still.
It was a frosty wonderland in the areas where the fog band
has settled on the mountains in the days past. It was very surreal!





No comments:
Post a Comment