I spent the better part of December doing my snow dance, and finally, after Christmas, it came! In two big dumps! Alianza stayed for a week after my brother and Liz left, and when it wasn't too cold outside, we played soooooo much!
Alianza got some cool new ponies from Santa, but they needed a stable, so Grandpa
Dave and Ali got right to work building a little stable for Alianza's fleet of ponies!
Once the snow finally decided to come, we took a quick trip to Blacktail Mountain to get some turns in before Turner opened! It was a cold day, but we sure had fun!
Alianza and I had to take a warm up break
and split a hot chocolate!
#1 Auntie and her favorite niece!
Getting some Moose's pizza on the way home!
You can't go skiing and NOT get pizza, right?!
I love that in MT you can belly up to the bar and
play Hangman with a kid! HA!
After our day at Blacktail, Turner finally opened! Too bad it was soooooo cold! I took a trip to Turner but I didn't bring Alianza because it was so cold, and then Turner had to close for a few days after that due to the cold temps! So we had to wait ALL WEEK to go skiing, but it was TOTALLY worth the wait, because some of our most favorite people got to come down from Eureka and ski with us!
Two lil' ladies who can SHRED!
I think a new friendship was born!
Colorful ladies.
The second dump we got was the best one of the season so far, but unfortunately, it warmed up, even in the mountains, totally crustifying all that fresh pow. :( But it sure looks pretty in town!
LOTS of beautiful snow!
I spent the better part of the day shoveling my driveway with Tessa so she could get out and get to work, and then I went over to my parents' house to help out Dave. Once the chores were done, I went for a little cross country ski adventure with the wonderful Medina Duo!
Setting the track . . . right alongside Bigfoot's snowed in tracks.
For a guy who grew up in Texas, he's quite a skier! :D
I promise there will be a post about the Grand Canyon trip coming soon! I have so many pictures to sort through and choose only a handful for a post!!
No comments:
Post a Comment