This post is going to be less about words and more about photos.
If you don't care at all about the words, click on any photo and you can
just arrow through them and you don't even have to block out the words!
If you don't care at all about the words, click on any photo and you can
just arrow through them and you don't even have to block out the words!
The Gypsy Wagon - On our way to Flagstaff
The Ceiba truck with ALL the gear
Our first hike
(I think . . . and I can't remember the name!)
Da beach. Isn't the desert neat?!
Halloween!
Drinkin' straight from the bag!
Flying the airplane
Redwall Cavern!!!!
This place was SO AMAZING! It's difficult to tell the actual size of the cavern,
but it was huge. We played kickball here ALL DAY LONG and laughed and
laughed and laughed! To give you an idea, we set up a kickball field INSIDE
the cavern and even the kicks that popped straight up never hit the ceiling.
Looking out from inside Redwall Cavern.
The airplane and the puffy-sleeved prom queen
(Photo credit to Henry)
Heading up Saddle. (I think)
I thought this place was really neat because it was the
first little 'oasis' we saw on the trip and I was so surprised
to see all the green vegetation, and even a few wildflowers!
(Photo credit to Kate)
Saddle.
(Photo credit to Kate)
Saddle.
(Photo credit to Kate)
More Saddle.
Sheela n' Me! Janna & Mary
Oh this was cool! We stopped to scout a rapid before we ran it and
there was a group getting ready to run it ahead of us, so we got to
watch them, but his curious ram wanted to check us out!
(Photo credit to Henry)
I'm not sure if it's the same ram, but this was a nice photo!
(Photo credit to Orion)
The next couple of photos are from one of my favorite stops - Nankoweap.
This is the site of ancient Anasazi granaries. The ancient people would store their
summer grain crop in these 'cupboards' to protect it through the winter.
The view from the granaries was probably in my top 5 favorite parts of the trip.
Nice rocks, eh?
Hangin' at the granary.
The granary door with Sheela and a
delicious IPA for scale.
The next area, the confluence of the Colorado and the Little Colorado
Rivers, is a magical place. It's no wonder that visitors are only allowed
to hike in about a half mile. Everything beyond that is sacred land to
the Navaho Nation (I think it's Navaho land, but don't quote me!)
The Confluence.
The rock type, which is limestone if I remember correctly,
gives the Little Colorado the milky look to it.
Heading up the Little Colorado.
Sheela and a little salt column.
Geology is neat!
But I have no idea what this is called.
Cute little critter prints.
Nothing for scale, but the little prints on the left
aren't much bigger than a quarter (each).
To be continued . . . .



No comments:
Post a Comment