Ibex[love]

Ibex[love]

Monday, April 9, 2012

Friend Reunion in Trier

A friend of mine from Libby is studying in Germany right now, so the two of us met two of our friends from Germany, Julia and Jorina, who spent a year in Libby while we were in high school. Chris and I haven't seen Julia and Jorina in 5 years, and I haven't seen Chris in over a year, so it was a great reunion. It was much too short, but we did a lot of catching up with the time we had. We met in Trier, the town where Julia is going to college, and she showed us all around and gave us a really good brief history of all the places we went to. I have to give credit to Chris for most of these pictures. I was exhausted from traveling and I wasn't very snappy with my camera, so he sent me his.

My first dรถner kebab.

Julia & Me.

The Basilika.

In one of the town squares there were big crates filled with gravel, and stuck in the gravel was this colorful array of painted sticks standing straight up. We couldn't figure out the purpose, other than it had something to do with Easter. It was very festive.

Porta Negra - the only one of 4 gates in the city still standing.

The Dom (pronounced 'dome' but spelled dom in German)
Liebfrauenkirche - Thanks again to Chris for the spelling of this one. 
It's connected to The Dom.



The courtyard behind The Dom and the Liebfrauenkirche

No comments:

Post a Comment