I have been in Cork studying my buns off for the past 2 weeks, so I took a break at the end of the week and I went to Dublin with my friend Gianna to see Cirque du Soleil. For those of you who don't know what that is, look it up on YouTube immediately. For those of you who do, check to see if they're coming near you and buy a ticket! It was by far the most perfectly executed performance I've ever seen in my life. The costumes were stunning, the music was beautiful, the comedic relief was hilarious, and the stunts were breath taking. It was way too entertaining to be bothered with taking pictures, plus the camera patrol was out in full force, but I did sneak one video of the hula-hooper. The video is pretty poor quality though, so if you really want to see it, click here: Cirque du Soleil Website or look it up on YouTube.
I taught Gianna how to play Cribbage on the train. We had to make our own board by drawing the "holes" on a piece of paper and instead of pegs, we used 1 cent pieces.
Bog Bodies at the Natural History Museum! Gianna was really grossed out,
but I thought they were incredible!
Just a tiny door at the museum. Notice that I'm squatting.
Street artist. I really got a kick out of this guy. He was incredibly still!
Fun stuff while looking around at a street market in Dublin
This was in the bathroom at one of the pubs we went to. I just thought it was funny and very retro.
Oh My Gosh!
ReplyDeleteI went hiking on Iona in my chacos and got all "boggy", my feet and legs were totally the color of that bog body! AND It doesn't wash off!
I even scrubbed with sand! Even after fighting it with soap in the shower I was still a little boggy colored, then I thought I ought to just dip my whole self in it and look nice and tan!
I LOVE circ du soliel, but I have only seen the videos! Love, Love, Love! I am SO jealous you got to feel the liveness of it! That is a dream of mine! To see them live and to be them when I grow up! The make-up, the costumes!
I was thinking that next time I did face painting in the Park, I would do it circ style!