Ibex[love]
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
What a year!
Study month is in full swing. I have been sitting in the geology department every day for over a week, hating finals. I only have 6 weeks left here, but I have to prepare for 11 exams! It's nauseating and the timing is truly awful. All this study time has given me plenty of time to procrastinate and think about other things. I can't believe how quickly this year has passed. That's a common phrase, but it really seems like I just moved into my apartment and that I'm still getting comfortable in this country. I've gotten used to a lot of things though. Lots of things I think I'm going to miss (Lennox's fish n' chips, Barry's tea and digestives, biscuit cakes, the Irish accent (oh how I'll miss that!), every single one of the people who I've gotten to know, the laid back attitude with deadlines and time, the list goes on and on), and a few things I don't think I'll miss (the weather, the smell of the city, public transportation), But one thing has been really driven home this year. I am from the most beautiful place in the world. I have had the privilege of seeing quite a lot this year, and nothing I've seen is as beautiful as Montana. My appreciation for a big state and a small population has been completely renewed. I cannot wait to be back. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment