Ibex[love]

Ibex[love]

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Play Time

My days off have been pretty exhausting as well. 

Day 1 of the 3 day weekend: I went to Eagle River, which is about 60 miles north of Girdwood, and I met up with my friend Abe and his sister Evan, and they took me up Mt. Majestic. 

The Chugach

Eagle River down below and Anchorage waaaaay off in the distance.

We walked up along that saddle.

Gifford, Abe, and Evan at the peak.

Day 2 of my 3 day weekend: Tanner, one of my bunkhouse roommates, and I took a trip down the road to Falls Creek. Unfortunately, we didn't make it to the top because I started to get some pretty gnar-bar blisters that I didn't want to get too much worse since I have to work in my boots, so we turned around about an hour away from the peak. I'll go back again another day though. It's so beautiful!

The Chugach

Really cool snow melt on the curve on the left. That was about 8 feet high.

 We wanted to go to the peak on the left, but we turned around before then.

Lupin

 More wildflowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment