Ibex[love]

Ibex[love]

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Hiking Crow Pass

Today I went for a little hike with 2 of my bunkhouse roommates. On our way up, we noticed a HUGE amount of traffic coming down the narrow dirt road to the trailhead. Somebody going down pulled up along side us and told us there had been a bear attack on the trail shortly before, so we figured everybody was just heading out. When we got to the parking lot, it was PACKED. We decided to go up anyway (sorry mom, I'm sure you don't want to know that). We set out and never even saw so much as a bear track on the trail (and we were looking!). The hike was fairly easy, so we rambled around on the top of the pass for a while playing in the snow and taking in the sights. It was a way more beautiful hike than I had anticipated. :)

The top of the pass.

Cool snow collapse over the creek.

The glacier at the top of the pass.

Another view of the glacier.

Cool imprint in a rock we found at the top.

Glissading down snow field. 

No comments:

Post a Comment