Ibex[love]

Ibex[love]

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Working at Spencer Glacier

Last week I got to take the train to Spencer Glacier again, but this time for a 3-day hitch. We lucked out and had pretty nice weather. The rain poured at night, but not during our workdays. We got to stay at the camp that the Spencer trails crew set up for the summer and it was REALLY posh. It didn't feel like camping at all. We even had a fridge! 

Roughin' it. This is the dining area.

The kitchen.

Suited up for spraying.

I just love the lupin.

Spencer Glacier there. It's about 2 miles away from where I 
stood when I snapped that photo.

This wasn't actually taken at Spencer, this was just after that in Hope. These are 2 of my 
coworkers, Timm and Gerhard. They are a hilarious duo. The skeeters were the worst any
of us had ever seen on this day (notice the head gear, which is t-shirts, and rain gear with no 
rain) so we over-prepared for bears, too (just to be on the safe side). The day was well spent with the crew.  

No comments:

Post a Comment